An aesthetically appealing lawn greatly improves the curb appeal of your home. Lawn mower has a pivotal role to play in keeping the yard neat and trim. It is imperative that you select the lawn mower judiciously to stay away from the hassle of costly lawn mower repair requirements.
Landscaping can enhance the property’s value by weeding out unsavoury grass from flower beds and yard. Lawn mowers fall in two categories; one which is self-propelled and the other requires manual intervention to operate.
A lawn mower which will glide over the yard can be selected by factoring in certain key considerations.
* The magnitude of the yard: A yard that is less than half or quarter of an acre can be mowed efficiently with self-propelled type, and investment in riding mower will not pay off
* The characteristics of the terrain: Rear wheel drive is suitable for a lawn rife with minor elevations and obstructions whereas a front wheel drive perfectly complements a flat yard
* The purpose of grass clippings: The specific design of the lawn mower should reflect the intention with which you are purchasing it. A discharge type would leave behind the clippings on the grass, a mulch type would cut the clippings in minute shreds and redistribute the same over lawn bed, whereas a bag type would collect the clipping in the bag fastened to the device and you can dump the residue at your own volition.
* Convenient design: The mower should be equipped with an adjustable handle to facilitate easy manoeuvrability irrespective of the physical dimensions of the person who is operating it. If you are running short of storage space, you can have a mower with foldable handle. Go through the specifications diligently to choose a mower with blades having cutting area larger than twenty inches. This will dramatically cut down the mowing time owing to larger swath. The back wheel size should be commendable as this will facilitate easy mowing of elevated regions.
* Safety aspect: A lever should essentially be present to latch on to while the engine is in motion; and the release of the same should shut off the engine and stop the spin of blades. The mower should inevitably come fitted with a rubber flap in the rear side to safeguard the legs from any aerial object misfired back from mower’s blades.
* Hassle free usage: The mower may have a push or pull start and should not require you to yank it at the beginning. The engine should come to life in a single pull.
A conscious and informed decision on your part to purchase a lawn mower with all the above stated characteristics will save you from the trouble of undergoing costly lawn mower repair within a short time after purchase.
Restoring a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine that had a fire. If you replace enough parts, it will run again!